As librarian at Laar & Berg and the International School Laren, you will be responsible for:
- the general running of the library and library systems;
- assisting students and teachers in research projects;
- coordinating the use of electronic media in the library;
- working with the teaching staff to support both teaching programmes (MYP and DP);
- annual stock taking;
- coordination of the lesson materials for students;
- other general tasks that go with the function of a librarian;
- teaching and coaching literary skills, bibliography, Academic Honesty, etcetera.
About Laar & Berg / International School Laren:
Laar & Berg / International School Laren are two schools in one building. Both schools teach the IB curriculum, both MYP as DP. Laar & Berg also teaches the regular Dutch program. For these schools we’re looking for a librarian proficient in Dutch and English.
We offer pleasant working conditions. You will be accompanied directly by our teacher assistant with whom you will run the Central Learning Hub at our schools. Colleagues invariably are passionate about education. In addition to an excellent employment package we offer interesting opportunities for further training and development for the ambitious high-profile librarian.
We are looking for a colleague meeting the following criteria:
- prior experience with school libraries and systems, preferably as a librarian;
- must love both digital as conventional reading materials;
- fully computer literate (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.);
- must be able to maintain order with students;
- must be able to work well in supporting both staff and teachers;
- willing and able to be actively involved in educating/supporting students in attaining essential skills required in academic research;
- organised and enthusiastic;
- friendly and willing to help.
Are you interested in the above position? We would be happy to hear from you. Please direct any questions concerning the vacancy to Mr. Leon Laagwater, email@example.comDirect solliciteren