The Primary Years Programme (PYP) is looking for an experienced primary school teacher starting 1 August 2022. You need to have at least 5 year’s experience teaching the IB Primary Years Programme. Experience with leading a team or coordinating would be an advantage. You will combine your management duties with teaching 2/3 days in the lower grades. You need to be available at 08h00 at school every morning to welcome the team. Visual Arts, Music, Drama and Phe are all taught by subject specialists.
We have a small PYP department with just under 100 students supported by a Student Support Coordinator, a PYP administrator and two teaching assistants. You are part of the continuum of learning as you are next door to the secondary school where we teach MYP and DP.
The International School Hilversum offers pleasant working conditions in a multi-cultural, dynamic and inspiring environment. With 49 nationalities under one roof, we aspire to be truly internationally minded and colleagues are passionate about education.
You will have the support of an experienced team. In the PYP we pride ourselves in relatively small class sizes as well as excellent facilities.
- Must have an appropriate teaching qualification;
- Native or fully bilingual English speaker;
- Ability to work in a team, team-teach and excellent communication skills;
- Experience with IB PYP essential;
- Previous management or coordination experience essential;
- Internationally minded;
- Must have eligibility to work in the Netherlands (DUO and work permit).
A “Verklaring van goed gedrag”(VOG) will be required upon appointment.
References must be available on request