Laar & Berg / The International School Laren are two schools in one building. Both schools teach the IB MYP and DP. Laar & Berg also teaches the Dutch national curriculum, havo and vwo. For our schools we are looking for a librarian proficient in Dutch and English.
As librarian at Laar & Berg and International School Laren, you will be responsible for:
- The general running of the library and library systems;
- Assisting students and teachers in research projects;
- Coordinating the use of electronic media in the library;
- Working with the teaching staff to support all teaching programmes;
- Annual stock taking;
- Coordination of student’s book packages and other academic resources;
- Teaching and coaching literary skills: bibliography, academic honesty, etcetera.
Laar & Berg and International School Laren offer pleasant working conditions. You will be accompanied directly by our teaching assistant with whom you will run the Central Learning Hub at our schools. Colleagues invariably are passionate about education. In addition to an excellent employment package we offer interesting opportunities for further training and development for the ambitious high-profile librarian.
We are looking for a colleague meeting the following criteria
- Prior experience with school libraries and systems, preferably as a librarian;
- Must love both digital as conventional reading materials;
- Fully computer literate (Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.);
- Must be able to maintain order with students;
- Must be able to work well in supporting both staff and teachers;
- Willing and able to be actively involved in educating/supporting students in attaining essential skills required in academic research;
- Organised and enthusiastic;
- Friendly and willing to help.
Should you be interested in this vacancy please send your application before Monday April 12th to the principal of the school, Ms IJkelenstam.Direct solliciteren